Small group sessions are specifically designed for first time parents and offer a full antenatal course covering all aspects labour, birth and the early days with your new baby.
The sessions are relaxed and friendly with usually just three or four couples making it easy to any ask questions or participate in ways that feel comfortable to you. The sessions aim to meet the needs of both women and their birth partners. We will spend time looking at issues from both your perspectives and ensure that you both feel as relaxed and confident as possible as your baby’s birth approaches.
- End of pregnancy and early signs of labour
- The phases of labour and birth – what’s happening & what helps
- Comfort measures & pain relief options
- Communicating your hopes & wishes
- What if you or your baby need help during labour
- Lamaze breathing and relaxation techniques
- Why birth partners are so important
- Welcoming your baby – the first few hours
- Early days with your new baby